Looking even better now, cheers for listening Robi. I've noticed a few other OCD things since then:
- Both red text and ban messages are currently set to #D00, meaning that you can easily fake a ban like this:
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
I know a legit ban with the default message shows up as "benned" in a larger font with a "no" symbol next to it, but some might not know that (I didn't until I looked around for a banned post just now). On 8chan and halfchan bans were #F00, and red text on 8chan was #AF0A0F like the board titles (probably because red text was only intended to be used for headings). This meant there was absolutely no chance that anyone could ever mistake the two.
- The [Reply to Thread] link on the bottom right of the page is active and clickable even when you hover over or click on the blank space between [Reply to Thread] and the thread stats. The space also seems overly wide, at least to me.
- On each post, there's a space between "No." and the actual post number (e.g. "No. 1778") that looks a little strange. Traditionally they've always been right up against each other like "No.1778". Might be another unavoidable Lynx-ism, but just thought I'd point it out.
- The "hide post" menu button looks lower than everything else in the post info/title area, like it's misaligned.
- Getting more into personal opinion territory again, but posts currently have a max-width of 94%, meaning they don't go all the way to the right of the browser window, which seems like an arbitrary waste of space to me. I know 8chan did this as well, but halfchan never did, and I think using the full width (besides the small margin on each side) looks better when you make the browser window smaller.
- On my system, the margins between posts seem to awkwardly vary between 5 and 6 pixels, just as they did on 8chan, but on halfchan they were always 4 pixels with no variation. The inconsistency is a little annoying, and personally speaking I always preferred the more compact 4 pixel look.
- The space between the last post of the thread and the line that seperates the posts from the navigation buttons is quite large, which I've measured to be 15 pixels. On 8chan it was only 9 pixels, and on halfchan it's only 7 pixels.
- The font seems to default to Segoe-UI on my system (Windows 7), which just doesn't look right to me. On both 8chan and halfchan, font-family is set to "arial,helvetica,sans-serif", which gives the more traditional and expected look.
>there’s zero option to delete posts even when I hit moderate thread
I haven't tried it on mobile, but if you click (or "tap" I guess) the little triangle found on each post, "Delete Post", "Delete By Ip", and "Ban" are all there. I think you can also check the checkboxes, open up "Show Forms" at the bottom of the page, and delete/ban posts that way. This has made me notice another problem though:
- When moderating a thread, the buttons under Report/Ban are all overlapping and covering up other things in the box, pic related.